It’s Fri-yay! I hope all of you are looking forward to the weekend.
As much as I love food, I have to admit that I’m no where near an expert at cooking. So I try to look for easy recipes that are also delicious and healthy. Trust me, it’s not as difficult as it sounds, I promise! I’ve only recently started cooking, so if I can do it, anyone can!
Saad is a really picky eater and I’m quite health conscious so I try my best to keep a balance when it comes to what we eat on a daily basis (which is difficult but not impossible). We’ve recently gotten married so we’re still in the adjustment phase but we are aiming for and working towards a more balanced lifestyle, slowly but surely! ^_^
In this process, I’ve managed to find some easy + healthy = delicious recipes that can be baked in no time! Is that even possible?! Yes, it is!
Also, fun fact of the day is that it’s World Egg Day today. You may learn more about it here. What an eggcellent day to share some egg recipes! So let’s get right into it!
Yield 3 Breakfast Cups
Bread slices cut into large rounds 3
Milk 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
White pepper 1/2 teaspoon
Chili flakes 1/2 teaspoon
Mixed herbs 1/2 teaspoon
Capsicum Chopped (You may use any veggies of your choice)
Cheddar Cheese (As much as you like and feel free to use any cheese of your choice)
Sausage Chopped (Optional)
1. Grease your muffin tin with butter or cooking oil
2. Place bread slice circles in the cups
3. Add chopped capsicum and chopped sausage
4. Add all the spices and milk in the eggs and give it a good beat
5. Pour the beaten eggs in each cup
6. Sprinkle cheese and put the muffin tray in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 mins until they turn a gorgeous shade of sunshine!
- Feel free to adjust the quantity of ingredients like eggs, milk and spices according to your taste. I sometimes add more than 2 tablespoons of milk. Again, you may adjust the spices according to your taste as well!
- Some other ingredients I’d like to suggest are leftover shredded chicken/beef, tomatoes, onions, spring onions, carrots (the possibilities are endless!)
- It helps a lot if you have grated cheese and chopped veggies at hand. It takes a lot less time that way!
Yield 4 Oatmeal Muffins
Milk ½ cup
Honey ¼ cup
Yogurt ½ cup
Quick Oats 1 ½ cups
Baking Powder 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Topping of your choice (Bananas, apples, strawberries, blueberries…)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. Mash banana in a large bowl and mix in all wet ingredients. Add all the dry ingredients and mix thouroughly
3. Pour the mixed batter into a greased muffin tin (filling each tin about ⅔ full).
4. Top each muffin with toppings of your choice (I used bananas and sprinkled some cinnamon as well).
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
I found the original recipe of Breakfast Cups on Karachi Chefs at Home group on Facebook and the Oatmeal Muffin recipe on Tasty which are both awesome resources for recipes! However, I’ve made changes to both recipes according to my taste. These two recipes are awesome for breakfast and can also be prepared as snacks or for tea time. Speaking of tea, I stumbled upon this video about how the name Chai came into existence:
Innttteeresting! I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post! If you decide to try out these recipes, do share photos with me and I’ll feature them on my blog! If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading! ^_^