I hope all of you are having an awesome weekend.
Saad’s a huge fan of lasagna so I’ve made it using this recipe several times in the past and it’s a total crowd pleaser so I thought I’d share it with all of you too! Enjoy! ^_^
1 Packet (Boil them as per packet instructions.)
Ingredients for Chicken Mince Qeema (in Urdu ^_^)
Chicken mince 1 kg
Tomato peeled 10 (boil it for 6-8 minutes or until the skin starts peeling off, let it cool and then mash it like puree. You can blend it as well or use store brought puree. I’ve used Knorr Italian Base and it worked perfectly!)
Pizza Sauce or ketchup 8 tablespoons
Salt according to taste
Red chili flakes 1 teaspoon
Black pepper 1 teaspoon
Italian seasoning 1 tablespoon
Soy sauce 4 tablespoons
Onions 2-3 small
Ginger garlic paste 1 teaspoon
White vinegar 2-3 tablespoons
Mozzarella for topping
Ingredients for White Sauce
Butter 8 tablespoons
Plain flour 6 tablespoons
Milk 1 liter
Italian Seasoning 1 teaspoon
Salt to Taste
Pepper 1 teaspoon
Cheddar Cheese 1 cup
Method for Chicken Mince
1. In a pan add 8-10 tablespoons of oil, add chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add chicken mince and ginger garlic paste and stir on high heat for 6-8 minutes or until all juices evaporate.
3. Add salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, red chili flakes, soy sauce and mix well.
4. Add tomato puree, pizza sauce or ketchup and 1 cup water and allow it to boil. You may add capsicum in it as well at this point if you like. Then with half lid on, cook it on low heat until it’s cooked perfectly.
5. Add white vinegar mix well and turn off the heat and set a side.
Method for White sauce
1. Add butter in a pan.
2. Once butter melts, add plain flour and stir on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Make sure not to burn it (if you feel like it’s burning, turn the heat to low).
3. Now add milk, Italian seasoning, salt and paper, cheddar cheese and mix well until it melts. Now turn off the heat.
Method for Assembling lasagna
1. Take an oven safe dish and brush it with butter.
2. Layer lasagna sheets.
3. Layer chicken mince.
4. Layer white sauce.
5. Repeat this 3 times or until you use up all the mince, sauce and lasagne sheets
6. Top with mozzarella cheese, olives and sprinkle oregano
7. Bake it for about 30 minutes in 150* degrees or until the lasagna gets a gorgeous golden brown top and voila! You’re all set to dig into this delicious cheesy goodness! mMm…^_^
- The best part about lasagna is that you can make ahead and store it in the fridge and when you need it just take it out, sprinkle cheese, olives, capsicum, oregano (toppings of your choice) and bake it and you’re good to go!
- Feel free to use your choise of mince: beef, mutton or chicken
- You may also cook a larger batch of chicken mince/qeema and have it for one meal, freeze the rest and then use it for lasagna the next day.
- I’ve doubled the original recipe because we have a big family Masha’Allah! You may adjust it according to your need.
- Feel free to adjust the spices according to your liking.
- Add mushrooms too if you like. I’m apparently allergic to them so I didn’t add any. (I’ve been rushed to emergency twice and it was super duper scary but that calls for a separate post I suppose).
I’ll take this moment to give a shout out to Hira Balouch who originally posted this recipe on this food forum called Karachi Chefs at Home. I have made a few changes to it according to my liking though.
I hope you enjoyed this post, guys! If you decide to try out this recipe, do share photos with me and I’ll feature them on my blog! If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading! ^_^