I tried this amazing recipe today that I changed according to my taste and gave it a tangy twist! I added Shangrila Pickle Paste in it and it turned out so good! It gave it this punch of flavour and aroma that I wish I could share in this post! I’ll just share a photo for now until technology allows us to smell food online and share and download it also! Hey! A foodie can dream, right? ^_^
Anyhoo…let’s jump right into it!
Oil ½ Cup
Chicken karahi cut 1 kg
Ginger Garlic paste 1 tbs
Tomatoes halves 6 – 8
Green chillies 6-8
Shangrila Pickle Paste 2 tbs
Black pepper crushed 1 tsp or to taste
Salt 1 tbs or to taste
Fresh coriander chopped for garnishing (optional)
Ginger julienne for garnishing (optional)
1. In a wok, add oil with chicken, stir well until changes the colour of the chicken changes.
2. Add garlic paste, mix well and fry until chicken is light golden.
3. Now add tomatoes, cover the wok and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes or until tomatoes tenderize.
4. You should be able to remove the skin of the tomatoes with the help of tongs or forks. Now stir well on a high flame for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes are completely cooked and mixed in with the chicken.
5. Add green chillies and Shangrila Pickle Paste and mix well.
6. Add crushed black pepper crushed, salt and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
Voila! Achari Karhai is ready to serve! You may garnish with fresh coriander, ginger or just dig in right away with some naan or chapati!